5 Ways To Stop Procrastinating Immediately – Kimberly Gosney
There’s no time like the present.
That is until you sit down in front of your website.
Then it’s more like … Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?
I sure wish I knew who said both of those really great quotes, but one was mentioned way back as first being used in the United States in the 1800’s.
Now, more than ever it has to be about the present moment when it comes to you and your website.
Sure, the future’s so bright I gotta wear shades (Timbuk 3 – go 80’s) sounds great – but, that’s a million miles away.
Today, right now in this moment is where it’s really at.
Funny thing is I know that you’re putting off doing something on your website…
You’re putting it off because it’s soooooo much easier on you to do something else, something “funner” something “flashier” something that will make you feel like a huge rockstar.
The problem is there’s still a real you with a real full time job and a real part time dream that’s brewing inside your head and there’s also a real website that needs some room to grow.
You owe that to yourself and your business.
To be the best, right now in this beautiful moment that you can be.
In this moment.
Even if it’s so hard to think about:
- Writing that line of copy you know you need to write.
- Adding in that payment button to kick off your launch.
- Creating that opt-in you know you need to get out of your head.
- Finishing up the bits and pieces of that first course that you need to take action on.
Those are all things that your empire needs from you, right now in this moment.
But, procrastination will rear it’s ugly head and tell you things like:
- I need to tweak my fonts for the millionth time.
- I need my colors to be just a smidge brighter than they are right now.
- I’m not a great writer.
- I have to make my first course perfect or else I won’t be an expert.
What I want you to know right now – even if no one else has ever said this to you.
(Maybe I’m writing it because I need to say it to myself a little too!)
Is that you are a brilliant, sparkly, frosted in all your glory kind of cupcake right now.
Don’t let anything stop you from giving off a little sparkle.
Be it your website, your copy, your opt-in, your own ego or even someone else’s idea of who you should be.
Don’t let it stop you.
Today, if you’re feeling a wave of procrastination setting in OR a big heaping steamy pile of it …
And, you’re procrastinating on:
- Writing your copy.
- Launching your course.
- Finishing up that opt-in.
- Popping a buy button on your sales page.
Try this nifty little trick to frost the heck out of your procrastination.
Frosting really does cure all things, even bug bites (I hear!)
- Write one sentence.
- Tell one person about your launch.
- Make one buy button.
- Create one sales page.
None of that will kill you, I promise.
But, not doing SOMETHING … will.
- Do SOMETHING.
- Do ANYTHING.
- RIGHT NOW.
Hugs and frosting,
Or, if you’re not into feel good advice and you need a little something less sparkly like, try this:
4. Set a google calendar alert for every hour on the hour repeating daily and leave it there until you finish what you’re procrastinating on.
Set it as an alert with $100 on it.
Every time it goes off jot down $100 on a piece of paper.
Once it’s finally DONE! Turn your alert off and total it up.
That’s how much money you wasted by procrastinating on whatever you needed to do.
The last method…
5. Cattle prod. I don’t recommend this one! Please don’t try this at home.
I think I just burnt up my backside.
Look at me I wrote a blog post. #5 works every time.